Masscot Web Hosting
With technology changing rapidly on the web Masscot strives to ahead of the curve. In 2018, Masscot acquired the new DELL/EMC Raid 10 Servers. These servers have multiple hard drives, and maintain separate mirrored copies of each website on two independent drives. If one copy of your site is down the other automatically takes over. If your website loads are particularly heavy, the server can automatically draw website data from both copies to maintain faster response times.
In March 2019, we purchased and installed a new technology called LiteSpeed on our servers. LiteSpeed Technology optimizes our servers and WordPress websites making the server function more efficiently and WordPress websites run up to 5 times faster than ever before. LiteSpeed is included free with our hosting. Call us today at 508-778-4500 for more information about how we can make your website run faster and more reliably than ever before.
Masscot Internet’s high end Linux based servers are maintained around the clock, replaced and upgraded regularly as needed. Our servers are maintained by our own contracted engineering staff, backed up by our data center system administrators who lead a highly trained staff of engineers and technicians on-site.
About The Data Centers
Our data center features multiple zones for added redundancy. The data center is connected to the Internet through 4 independent backbone providers; Level 3, Verizon, Cogent, and Comcast. Our provider’s data centers have a combined area of over 127,000 square feet, and the capacity to host 35,000 servers and all are SSAE-16 Compliant.
- Redundant Fiber Entrance Expandable to 1,840 Gigabits Per Second
- Multiple Redundant Gigabit Ethernet Links to Data Center 1 and Data Center 2
- Fully Redundant Cisco 6509 Sup720 and Nexus 7000 Distribution Switches
- Redundant Gigabit Ethernet Links to Each Rack Switch
- Cisco 4948 48-Port 10/100/1000 Rack Switches
- Expandable 13,500 kVA Utility Power Feeds
- Multiple ASCO Closed Transition Bypass Isolation Transfer Switches
- Multiple N+1 Generac Diesel Generators
- Multiple N+1 Powerware 9395 550 kVA UPS systems
- Liebert & Eaton Power Distribution Units
- Multiple Service Entrance Feeds
- Multiple Liebert 20, 22, 30 and 45 Ton upflow and downflow AC Units
- Standalone HVAC systems that don’t allow for large scale failure
- Designed for Addition of Air-Side Economization
- 24/7/365 Manned Facilities
- CCTV Security Cameras Covering Inside, Outside and All Entrances of Data Centers
- Site Entrances Controlled By Electronic Perimeter Access Card System
- Sites Remotely Monitored By 3rd Party Security Company
- Entrances Secured by Mantraps with Interlocking Doors
- SSAE-16 & HIPAA Compliant, Safe Harbor Certified
Our data center provider created a facility designed to accommodate clients demanding the highest quality performance. The network was built with a central focus on redundancy. The data center’s redundancy is multi-tiered with N+1 internal device elements and entirely redundant chassis. This design allows any routing device to rapidly self-heal failures without interruptions to customer connectivity. All routing and switching equipment is state-of-the-art Cisco gear.
The quality and reputation of our provider’s data centers are such that they are the data center of choice of many of America’s largest and best known and respected corporations, universities, and organizations. We are in a very good neighborhood indeed! Where is your web site hosted?